Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: November 29, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for November 29, 2023
- The rescue teams announced that the rat-hole miners, in coordination with the Army, managed to manually dig through 55 metres of Silkyara tunnel and all 41 people were rescued.
- Kerala Governor signs a Bill and reserves seven for Presidential consideration.
- Supreme Court panel submits report on Manipur victims.
- India would host an industry round-table on developing the country as a MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions) tourism destination.
- Bengaluru hosted the historic buffalo sport Kambala race event.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled the crest of the guided missile destroyer Imphal.
- The government launched a national protocol to provide for training of anganwadi workers to track and help children with disabilities.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- The government launched the first round of auction of 20 blocks of critical and strategic minerals across the country.
- To check digital frauds, the government has suspended 70 lakh mobile numbers on account of suspicious transactions.
- Exports of soyabean meal from India in the oil year 2022-23 that ended in September jumped more than double to 18.4 lakh tonne.
- SEBI proposes changes in regulatory framework for Special Situation Funds.
- Arab states and the EU agreed at a meeting in Spain on Monday that a two-state solution was the answer to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
- U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak cancelled his meeting with visiting Greek Prime Minister, over the latter’s comments on ancient sculptures housed in the British Museum.
- Three Chinese Navy ships have arrived in Myanmar for joint drills with its Navy.
- Sri Lankan cabinet allows China’s energy major Sinopec to establish a new $4.5 billion petroleum refinery plant at the Hambantota port.
- Australia recorded a last-ball victory, by five wickets, in the third T20I match against India.
- Namibia qualified for the men’s T20 World Cup 2024.
- Hockey: Punjab claims men’s title of 13th Senior National men’s championship title.
Category: Today's News Headlines