Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 24, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for March 24, 2023
- Tamil Nadu Assembly re-adopts Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Online Gambling and Regulation of Online Games Bill.
- One World TB Summit is being organised by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and Stop TB Partnership, on World Tuberculosis Day.
- One tigress each to be released to Kota’s Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve and Bundi’s Ramgarh Vishdhari Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan unveiled the State Youth Policy and a Youth Portal.
- Konkan 2023, a joint maritime exercise, was conducted between the Royal Navy of Britain and the Indian Navy, off the Konkan coast in the Arabian Sea.
- National Institute of Urban Affairs is organising first Urban Climate Film Festival under U20 engagement events.
- The Defence Ministry signed two contracts with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), at a total cost of over ₹3,700 crore for ‘Arudhra’ Medium Power Radars.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Union Finance ministry asks public sector banks to share bond portfolio data.
- FSIB recommends Siddhartha Mohanty for the position of chairperson of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC).
- Amazon’s accelerator programme to support 50 Indian D2C (direct-to-consumer) startups.
- Lok Sabha passes Rs 45 trillion Budget for current fiscal without debate.
- Protests intensify in France over government’s plan to raise pension age.
- Islamic holy month of Ramzan begins across world; Eid-ul-Fitr is celebrated at the culmination of the fasting month of Ramzan.
- UNESCO report: 26 % of world’s population does not have safe drinking water.
- Boxing: Nikhat Zareen, Lovlina Borgohain, Saweety Boora and Nitu Ghanghas have entered the finals in the Women’s World Boxing Championships.
- India won a silver and a bronze in the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup shooting championship.
- India clinches both men’s and women’s titles of Asian Kho Kho Championship.
Category: Today's News Headlines