Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: December 3, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for December 3, 2023
- India and the Maldives agreed to set up a core group to further deepen their partnership.
- Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu prepared for heavy rainfall as a deep depression intensified over the Bay of Bengal and likely to evolve into Cyclone Michaung.
- President of India presents National Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities for the year 2023.
- Ministry of Tourism launches National Best Tourism Village and National Best Rural Homestays Competition 2024.
- After COVID break, Centre approves fourth phase roll-out of Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) scheme
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- India’s manufacturing PMI rises to 56 in November on easing prices.
- Exxon Mobil and Saudi Arabia’s Aramco led a pledge by 50 oil and gas producers at the COP28 climate summit to cut emissions from their own operations.
- Global regulators seek tougher scrutiny of voluntary carbon markets: Report
- 118 countries signed a pledge to triple installed renewable energy capacity by 2030 during the ongoing COP-28 climate summit; India’s name is not on the list.
- India has been re-elected to International Maritime Organisation with highest vote tally.
- In 2022, 66% of malaria cases in Southeast Asia were from India: WHO World Malaria Report, 2023.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.6 struck off the cost of the southern Philippines island of Mindanao; Tsunami threat was issued.
- Manav Thakkar and Akula Sreeja emerged as men’s and women’s champions in the UTT National-ranking table tennis championships.
- Germany won the FIFA U-17 World Cup for the first time following a 4-3 penalty shootout win over France.
Category: Today's News Headlines