Current Affairs : November 17, 2011
Muslim minorities request not to allow Taslima in India
- The Muslim minorities not to permit writer
Taslima Nasreen,to stay in India. Ms Nasreen was not accepted by her own country Bangladesh for making blasphemous statements against Islam.
India: IAEA report disturbing but won’t affect ties with Iran
- India held that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report on Iran’s programme for nuclear weapons was not going to affect India’s engagement with the West Asian country. The IAEA report, details a series of tests, acquisition of materials, and technology that suggests Iran has continuously worked to produce a nuclear weapon since 2003. However, Iran has been denying that it had been using its nuclear knowhow to produce weapons. It says its programme to enrich uranium is for a future network of nuclear power stations to provide electricity for a rapidly growing population, so that it can export more of its oil and gas.
- Robotic Education pioneers Technophilia Systems launched a first of its kind Centre for Robotics and Embedded Systems Excellence (CRESE) for Indian Engineering Universities and Colleges. CRESE was launched in association with iCarnegie, of the presitigious US-based Carnegie Mellon University, which was a global leader in Robotics. CRESE was launched with the objective to offer live experiments, real time projects, extensive research and training that have not been done by Indian campuses before, thereby giving students a glimpse of real life challenges an Engineer faces in industry when an idea was implemented to an application..
Al Jazeera announces launch of English news channel in India
- The Al Jazeera network announced the launch of its English news channel in India through the DTH platform on Dish TV. Al Jazeera English is an international news channel, holding over 70 bureaus around the world which span six different continents.
Karti P Chidambaram named among 150 next gen leaders from 30 countries
- Congress leader Karti P Chidambaram named among the 150 next generation leaders from 30 countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Karti, son of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, would participate in the Asia Society’s sixth Annual Asia 21 Young leader’s summit to be held in New Delhi from November 18 to 20.
Russia backs India for SCO member
- Ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Moscow next month, Russia backed India’s bid to become a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
PM arrives in Bali for ASEAN and EAS summit
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived on a three-day visit to take part in the 9th ASEAN Summit and 6th East Asia Summit (EAS) which have regional economic cooperation and maritime security high on their agenda.
Vinod Mehta gets to top with ‘Lucknow Boy’
- Noted editor Vinod Mehta’s “Lucknow Boy” tops the non-fiction list this week while Chetan Bhagat dominates the fiction category with his new book “Revolution 2020” on the bestseller list.
China to build first Tai Chi theme park
- China will build a theme park showcasing the traditional martial art form of Tai Chi in Wudang Mountains area, legendary home of the marital art and a UNESCO World Heritage Site renowned as a centre of Taoism.
The above 5 questions are part of Daily Current Affairs 20 MCQs Series in GKToday's Academy Android Application. This series can be subscribed in the app only for Rs. 799/- for entire year. Download Now
Tags: Al Jazeera • Association of Southeast Asian Nations • Current Affairs 2011 • East Asia Summit • Finance Ministers of India
Month: Current Affairs - November, 2011
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - April, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - April, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|