CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) 2011 Syllabus
The Syllabus of CSAT 2011 is out. There is NO optional paper this time. There are two papers and syllabus and pattern of examination is as follows:
Paper I :
200 marks Duration : Two Hours
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national Movement
- Indian and World Geography: Physical, social, economic geography of India and World
- Indian Polity and Governnance: Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj , Public Policy, Rights issues
- Economic and Social Development: Sustainble development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social sector initiatives.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity, Climate Change,- that don’t require subject specialization.
- General Science
Paper II : 200 marks (Duration 2 hours)
- Interpersonal skills including communication Skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and Problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Basic Numeracy (Numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) dat
- Interpretation Skills (Charts, Graphs, tables, Data Sufficiency Class X Level)
- English language Comprehension Skills.
Official Link : http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/SV/13018_4_2008-AIS-1.pdf