Cabinet approves continuation of National AYUSH Mission
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved continuation of National AYUSH Mission (NAM).
- NAM is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme that has been extended from 01-04-2021 to 31-03-2026.
- Total financial implication will be of Rs. 4607.30 crore. Rs 3,000 crore will be Central Share and Rs. 1607.30 will be State Share.
- This scheme was launched on September 15, 2014.
About National AYUSH Mission
National AYUSH mission is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme. It is being implemented by Ministry of AYUSH. It was launched with following objectives:
- To provide cost effective AYUSH Services,
- To provide a universal access by upgrading AYUSH Hospitals & Dispensaries,
- To co-locate AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) & District Hospitals (DHs)
- To strengthen institutional capacity at State level by upgrading AYUSH educational institutions
- To set up of up to 50 bedded integrated AYUSH Hospital,
- To implement AYUSH Public Health programmes and
- To operationalize 12,500 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres in order to provide services of holistic wellness model.
Significance of the mission
This scheme is addressing the gaps in health services by supporting efforts of State or UT Governments to provide AYUSH health services or education across India. Under the scheme, special focus is given on specific needs of far-flung areas in order to allocate higher resources in their Annual Plans.
Benefits of AYUSH Mission
- It provides a better access to AYUSH healthcare services by increased healthcare facilities. With this scheme, there is a better availability of medicines & trained manpower.
- It also improves AYUSH education by enhancing the number of well-equipped AYUSH Educational institutions.
- It focuses on reducing communicable and non-communicable diseases by targeted public health programmes.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021