GKToday Archives: November, 2014
1. At which among the following places, School of Planning and Architecture has NOT been established? [A]Delhi [B]Bangalore [C]Bhopal [D]Vijayawada Bangalore There are three Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs) in India at Bhopal, Delhi and Vijayawada. They were established with the objectives of providing quality Architecture and physical planning education. The SPAs primarily offer ..
1. What is the name of the new drug developed by scientists recently as an alternative to antibiotics? [A]Staphefekt [B]Dalvance [C]Orbactiv [D]Sivextro Staphefekt As the conventional antibiotics are losing their effectiveness against infections, scientists have developed the first drug as an alternative to antibiotics. The name of the drug is Staphefekt. It is claimed to ..
1. India’s Drug Technical Advisory Committee has recently waived-off the clinical tests of two drugs Aflibercept and Trastuzumab emtansine. These drugs are used for the treatment of __? [A]TB [B]HIV [C]Cancer [D]Diabetes Cancer The two drugs Aflibercept and Trastuzumab emtansine used in treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer and metastatic breast cancer respectively. The government’s topmost ..
1. Which of the following countries is not a part of the Eurasian Custom Union? [A]Russia [B]United Kingdom [C]Belarus [D]Kazakhstan United Kingdom Eurasian Custom Union is a political and economic union which was established by a treaty signed on 29 May 2014 between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. 2. Which among the following leaders been chosen ..
1. Which among the following banks are based in China? 1. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) 2. BRICS Bank 3. Asian Development Bank Select the correct option from the codes given below: [A]Only 1 [B]Only 1 & 2 [C]Only 2 [D]1, 2 & 3 Only 1 & 2 2. Which among the following is / ..