Page-5 of GKToday Archives: October, 2013
1. In October 2013, which of the following countries has announced its withdrawal from Commonwealth of Nations 48 years after joining? [A]Gambia [B]Pakistan [C]South Africa [D]Bangladesh Gambia Gambia has announced its withdrawal from the Commonwealth of Nations. President Yahya Jammeh government announced that Gambia had withdrawn its membership of the British Commonwealth ad decided that ..
1. Which of the following diseases is most commonly found in workers at Stone crushing/mining? [A]Cirrhosis [B]Silicosis [C]Gingivitis [D]Fibrosis Silicosis Silicosis is a form of occupational lung disease caused by inhalation of crystalline silica dust. It is most commonly found in workers at stone crushing or mining. Show Answer 2. Which state has bagged National ..
1. In October 2013, which of the following states has launched “Kanyashree” project with an aim to bring betterment to the life of girl children? [A]Odisha [B]Uttar Pradesh [C]West Bengal [D]Tamil Nadu West Bengal West Bengal state government launched a new project called the “Kanyashree” with an aim to betterment to the life of the ..
1. In the wake of India’s low performance in the rankings of higher educational institutions in world, the Union government has recently set up a committee for evaluation of research and ranking in the country. The Chairman of the committee is ___ ? [A]K Vijay Raghavan [B]Vasanth Bangera [C]Aravind Tripati [D]Krishna Aradya K Vijay Raghavan ..
1. Which of the following countries will host “NATO summit-2014” nearly after 20 years of hosting first summit? [A]Britain [B]Egypt [C]Australia [D]Japan Britain Britain will host the 2014 NATO Summit, the first time the meeting has been held in the country in more than 20 years. Britain last hosted the summit in 1990, when Margaret ..