WEF Davos Agenda
On January 17, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to deliver a special address at the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Davos Agenda.
- WEF Davos Agenda event is being held in virtual mode, amid the covid-19 pandemic, from January 17 to 21.
- Event will he addressed by several heads of state, including Japanese Prime Minister Kishida Fumio, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Indonesian President Joko Widodo, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett, and EU Commission’s chief Ursua von der Leyen.
- It will also be participated by top industry leaders, international organisations and civil society. They will deliberate on critical challenges that the world is facing today and also discuss ways to address them.
Objective of the annual meeting
WEF virtual meeting will be aligned with the objective of “orienting global leaders on the imperatives of the year ahead”.
Davos Agenda Summit Venue
The WEF has been holding its annual meeting “Davos Agenda Summit” in Swiss ski resort of Davos every year. However, it has been deferred this year, and will be held in virtual mode, amid covid-19 pandemic.
Davos Agenda 2022
- Two virtual summits are expected in the online summit:
- On Covid-19 and
- On technology cooperation in the fourth industrial revolution.
- Online summit will also witness sessions on energy transition, Latin America outlook and scaling up climate innovation.
- It is the starting point for the dialogue required for global cooperation in 2022. It will provide crucial insights into several critical challenges, through special addresses.
- It will also mobilize government and business leaders, civil society, and international organizations to share their outlook, insights and plans related to global issues like social contracts, vaccine equality and climate change.
- During the summit, several WEF initiatives will be launched to accelerate the race towards net-zero emissions, cyber resilience and economic opportunity of nature-positive solutions.
World Economic Forum (WEF)
WEF is an international non-governmental and lobbying organisation. It is based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation was founded on January 24, 1971 by Klaus Schwab. WEF is mostly funded by its 1,000 member companies.