QS Asia University Rankings 2023
QS Asia University Rankings 2023 was released recently by the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) – a UK-based ranking authority.
About QS Asia University Rankings
The QS Asia University Rankings is released annually by the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). It highlights the top universities in the continent of Asia. The rankings are based on 11 indicators. These indicators include academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty/student ratio, international research network etc.
The 2023 ranking is the 15th edition. It featured 757 institutions – an increase from the last year’s 687 institutes. This makes it the largest ever ranking for the region. The institutes in China Mainland (128 institutions), India (118), Japan (106) and South Korea (88) dominate the ranking.
What are the key findings of the QS Asia University Rankings 2023?
- The top performer of the QS Asia University Rankings 2023 is China’s Peking University, with the overall score of 100. It held second position in the 2022 ranking.
- Other top performers are National University of Singapore (97.4) and China-based Tsinghua University (97.3).
- Among the top 10 performers, 5 universities were from China.
- A total of 118 Indian institutes featured in the prestigious ranking. 5 IITs, IISc and Delhi University entered the top 100 in the ranking.
- IIT-Bombay is the top performer in the ranking. Its ranking has risen from 42 to 40. This makes it the best educational institute in Asia.
- The second-best performer in India is IIT Delhi, which was ranked at 46th position.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore was ranked at 52nd position, followed by IIT Madras (53), IIT Kharagpur (61), IIT Kanpur (66), and Delhi University (85).
- IIT Roorkee, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) and BITS Pilani featured among the top 200 universities.
- With these, a total of 19 Indian universities featured in the top 200. This is the highest number of Indian universities to ever make it to the list. Of the 19 universities, 8 have improved their rankings when compared with the previous ranking.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|