Summary of Union Budget 2009-10-Part 1 of 5 : Various Allocations
Rs. 39100 Crore allocated for providing 100 days of wage employment to each rural household opting for it. All the Districts covering rural areas have been brought under NREGA with effect from 1st April, 2008.
2. Swaranjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
Rs. 2350 Crore for establishing micro-enterprises in rural areas through activity clusters and group approach under Swaranjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana. At least 50% of the Swarozgaries will be SCs/STs, 40% women and 3% disabled.
Rural Housing & Infrastructure
3. Rs. 8800 Crore for providing assistance to rural BPL households for construction of houses (and upgradation of Kutcha houses) under Indira Awaas Yojana.
4. Rs. 12000 Crore allocated for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana for providing connectivity to eligible unconnected rural habitations through good all-weather roads.
5. Rs.12, 887 crore for Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)(stepped up by 87%)
6. Rs.3, 973 crore Allocation for housing and provision of basic amenities to urban poor, this includes newly launched Rajiv Awas Yojna.
7. Rs. 500 Crore allocated for the project Brihan Mumbai Storm Water Drainage Project (BRIMSTOWA) initiated in 2007 and funded through Central Assistance to address the problem of flooding in Mumbai. (last year’s figure was Rs. 200 crore).
8. Rs. 8000 Crore allocated Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme for supplementing the States in their effort to provide safe drinking water to all rural habitations.
9. Rs. 100 Crore allocated for Stand-alone Water Purification Systems in rural schools.
10. Rs. 1200 Crore for Total Sanitation Campaign.
11. Rs. 1911 crore for Integrated Watershed Management Programme
12. Rs. 400 Crore for National Land Records Modernization Programme
Agriculture, Irrigation & Food Security
13. Rs. 1100 Crore For National Horticulture Mission
14. Rs. 1350 Crore for National Food Security Mission.
15. Rs. 950 Crore for Macro Management in Agriculture.
16. Rs. 430 Crore for Micro Irrigation.
17. Rs. 644 Crore for National Agricultural Insurance Scheme.
18. Rs. 320 Crore for Integrated Oilseeds, Oil Palm, Pulses & Maize Development.
Animal Husbandry, Dairy & Fisheries
19. Rs. 339 Crore for Veterinary Services and Animal Health.
20. Rs. 136 Crore for Cattle Development.
21. Rs. 135 Crore for National Fisheries Development Board.
22. Rs. 75 Crore for a Special package for farming population in 31 suicide prone districts.
Agriculture Research & Education
23. Target for agriculture credit flow set at Rs.3,25,000 crore for the year 2009-10. In 2008-09 agriculture credit flow was at Rs.2,87,000 crore.
24. Interest subvention scheme for short term crop loans up to Rs.3 lakh per farmer at the interest rate of 7 per cent per annum to be continued. Additional subvention of 1 per cent to be paid from this year, as incentive to those farmers who repay short term crop loans on schedule. Additional allocation of Rs.411 crore over Interim Budget Estimates 2009-10 made for this.
25. Time given to the farmers having more than two hectares of land to pay 75 per cent of their overdue under Debt Waiver and Debt Relief Scheme extended from 30th June, 2009 to 31st December, 2009.
26. Rs. 1584 Crore for Agricultural Research and Education.
27. Rs. 252 Crore for World Bank Aided National Agricultural Innovation Project.
Environment & Forest
28. Rs. 869 Crore for Ecology & Environment and National River Conservation.
29. Rs. 1011 Crore for Forestry & Wildlife and National Afforestation & Eco-Development.
Micro Small & Medium Enterprises
30. Rs. 144 for Credit Support Programme to provide Guarantee cover to banks for extending loans to Small/Tiny units without collateral.
31. Rs. 823 for Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme.
32. Rs. 100 Crore for Consumer Awareness/Consumer Protection.
Food & Public Distribution
33. Rs. 45 Crore for computerization of PDS operations in all States/Union Territories.
34. Rs. 4375 Crore for University Grants Commission includes provision Crore for implementation of the recommendations of Oversight Committee.
35. Rs. 3902 Crore for Technical Education, including a provision Crore for implementation of the recommendations of Oversight Committee.
36. Rs. 900 Crore for National Mission in Education through Information and Communication Technology.
Women & Child Development
37. Rs. 6705 Crore for Integrated Child Development Services.
38. Rs. 60 Crore for Integrated Child Protection Scheme.
39. Rs. 100 Crore for Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme.
40. Rs. 110 Crore for Rajiv Gandhi Scheme Crore for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls.
41. Rs. 59 Crore for Relief to and Rehabilitation of Rape Victims.
42. Rs. 600 Crore for establishing National Knowledge Network.
43. Rs. 900 Crore for e-Governance programme.
44. Rs. 550 Crore for National Informatics Centre to improve infrastructure.
45. Rs. 125 Crore for Centre Crore for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) Crore for undertaking R&D.;
46. Rs. 26 Crore for OFC based Network for Defense Services.
47. Rs. 300 Crore for C-DOT.
48. Rs. 61 Crore for Undersea Cabling between Mainland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
49. Rs. 13930 Crore for National Rural Health Mission.
50. Rs. 4447 Crore for Health Sector.
Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH)
51. Rs. 92 Crore for development of Ayurveda system
52. Rs. 52 Crore for development of Homeopathy system.
53. Rs. 42 Crore for development of Unani system
54. Rs. 22 Crore for development of Yoga and Naturopathy system.
55. Rs. 197 Crore for National Rural Health Mission.
56. Rs. 50 Crore for National Mission on Medicinal Plants.
57. Rs. 600 Crore for development of National Highways under Border Road Organization.
58. Rs. 1200 Crore for Special Accelerated Road Development Project in the North Eastern Region.
59. Rs. 700 Crore for Special Programme for development of road connectivity (NH & State Roads) in Naxal affected areas.
60. Rs. 8578 Crore for National Highway Development Programme in Golden Quadrilateral and North-South, East-West corridors, etc. (Increased 23%)
61. Rs. 230 Crore for Inter-State and Economically Important Roads in different States and UTs.
62. Rs. 252 Crore for Development of Road Transport.
63. Rs. 7000 Crore for Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana.
64. Allocation under Accelerated Power Development and Reform Programme (APDRP) increased by 160 per cent to Rs.2,080 crore in B.E. 2009-10 overB.E. 2008-09.
65. Rs. 3140 Crore for Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme.
66. Rs. 397 Crore for Integrated Textile Park.
67. Rs. 340 Crore for Handloom Schemes.
68. Rs. 220 Crore for Handicrafts schemes.
Social Justice & Empowerment
69. Rs. 480 towards Special Central Assistance for Scheduled Castes Component Plan to benefit about 6 lakh beneficiaries.
70. Rs. 750 Crore for Post Matric Scholarships for SC students to benefit about 38 lakh students.
71. Rs. 100 Crore for Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
72. Rs. 273 Crore for Post Matric Scholarships Crore for Scheduled Tribes students.
North East States
73. Rs. 60 Crore for North Eastern Development Finance Corporation.
Science & Technology
74. Rs. 535 Crore for Multi-Disciplinary Research in frontier areas.
75. Rs. 130 Crore for National Mission on Nano-Science and Nano-Technology.
76. Rs. 96 Crore for Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Research.
77. Rs. 341 Crore for Research & Development.
78. Rs. 279 Crore for Autonomous R & D Institutions.
79. Rs. 45 Crore for Excellence & Innovation Programmes.
80. Rs. 495 Crore for PSLV & GSLV.
81. Rs. 382 Crore for INSAT System.
82. Rs. 270 Crore for Navigational Satellite System.
83. Rs. 230 Crore for Manned Mission Initiatives/Human Space Flight Programme.
84. Rs. 217 Crore for Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark-III Development.
85. Rs. 155 Crore for Semi-cryogenic Engine Development.
86. Rs. 90 Crore for Indian Lunar Mission Chandrayaan-1&2.
87. Rs. 94 Crore for establishment of 3rd permanent station in Antarctica and launching of southern ocean expeditions, etc.
88. Rs. 50 Crore for strengthening the R&D; activities for harnessing the resources from the sea.
89. Rs. 60 Crore for strengthening basic atmospheric research activities to improve weather Crore forecasting services.
90. Rs. 172 Crore for strengthening Communication, Observation, Cyclone Warning, Aviation Services, etc.
91. Rs. 2000 Crore for development of Infrastructure, preparation of teams for holding Commonwealth Games, 2010.
92. Rs. 160 Crore for Panchayat Yuva Krida aur Khel Abhiyan.
93. Rs. 111 Crore for Archaeology.
94. Rs. 25 Crore for Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts.
95. Rs. 19 Crore for setting up of Science Cities.
96. Rs. 150 Crore for establishment of a Petrochemical Gas Cracker Project at Lepetkata, Dibrugarh (Assam).
97. Rs. 50 Crore for establishment of 6 new National Institutes of Pharmaceuticals Education and Research.
98. Rs. 45 Crore for Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Yojana.
99. Rs. 10 Crore for Panchayat Empowerment and Accountability.
100. Rs. 23 Crore for e-Panchayats Plan.
101. Rs. 180 Crore for setting up of a State of art automotive testing and homologation facilities in India.