SSC-CGL 8th July 2012 (Morning Shift) Solution GK
1. Which one of the following is not correctly matched ?
[A]Darjeeling – West Bengal
[B]Mount Abu – Rajasthan
[C]Kodaikanal – Tamil Nadu
[D]Simla – Uttar Pradesh
Simla – Uttar Pradesh
2. Chicken Pox is caused by___
3. Denatured alcohol is
[A]is a form of alcohol
[B]is unfit for drinking as it contains poisonous substances
[C]contains coloured impurities
[D]is sweet to taste
is unfit for drinking as it contains poisonous substances
4. Spot the odd one from the following :
5. Which one of the following does not match?
[A]Hindu Marriage Act : 1955
[B]Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act : 1971
[C]Domestic Violence on Women Act : 1990
[D]Cruelty Against Women : 1995
Domestic Violence on Women Act : 1990
6. Green Glands are associated with
7. Of the following, which is the fastest ?
Computer Memory Hierarchy
1. Processor Registers
2. Processor Cache
4. Flash, USB
5. Hard Drives
6. Table Backup
8. The danger signals are red while the eye is more sensitive to yellow because
[A]absorption of red is less than yellow and hence red is visible from a distance
[B]scattering in yellow light is less than red
[C]the wavelength of red light is more than yellow light
[D]none of the above reasons
absorption of red is less than yellow and hence red is visible from a distance
9. Which one of the following is an example for a non-economic good?
10. Who among the following was the First Viceroy of India?