Scheme for Agro-Marine Produce Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters (SAMPADA)
Scheme for Agro-Marine Produce Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters (SAMPADA) is an umbrella scheme of Ministry of Food Processing Industries planned to be launched in 2017. This scheme will integrate all the current and new schemes aimed at reducing food wastage; doubling farmers’ income by 2022; and create infrastructure for linkage of entire supply chain.
SAMPADA is an umbrella scheme that will include ongoing schemes of the ministry and also new schemes. It has an outlay of Rs. 6000 crore and will be implemented by 2019-20. The key schemes under this umbrella would include:
- Scheme for Mega Food Parks
- Scheme for Infrastructure for Argo-processing Clusters
- Scheme for Modern Abattoirs
- Scheme for Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- Scheme for Creation/Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation
- Scheme for Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages
- Scheme for Quality Assurance and
- Scheme for Human Resource and Institutions.
Out of the above, the schemes for “Creation/ Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation Capacities”, “New Agro-Processing Clusters” and “Backward and Forward Linkages” are new schemes.
Moreover, government is taking steps to boost food processing sector to bring down post-harvest losses preferably to zero level, provide quality food to consumers at cheaper price and double of farmers’ income.