Current Affairs Quiz - September, 2021
1. Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana (RGKNY) is the initiative of which Indian state/UT?
[D] Andhra Pradesh
Correct Answer: C [Chhattisgarh]
- Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana (RGKNY) is a flagship scheme of the state of Chhattisgarh.
- Under the RGKNY, the state government provides input assistance to farmers for crop production.
- If the crops sown during the ongoing kharif season get destroyed due to drought-like conditions, a financial assistance of Rs 9,000 per acre would be provided.
- Those farmers who have sown paddy, millet and pulse in the ongoing kharif season and if their crops get destroyed due to lack of rainfall.
- The assistance would be given per acre on the basis of survey, for assessment of damage, under the Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana (RGKNY).
2. Which racing driver won the Formula One Belgian Grandprix Tournament?
[A] Max Verstappen
[B] Charles Leclerc
[C] Lewis Hamilton
[D] Sebastien Vettel
Correct Answer: A [Max Verstappen]
- Red Bull Driver Max Verstappen won the Belgian Grand Prix when it was finally called off, due to heavy rains.
- Verstappen’s sixth win of the season was also the 16th of his career. Lewis Hamilton missed earning a record-extending 100th win.
- As the race was shortened, Verstappen collected 12.5 points instead of 25, with Russell getting 9 at second position and Hamilton getting 7.5.
3. According to UNEP, which variant of petrol has been eradicated from the globe?
[A] Leaded Petrol
[B] Waxed Petrol
[C] High Octane Petrol
[D] High Cetane Petrol
Correct Answer: A [Leaded Petrol]
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) has recently declared that the use of leaded petrol has been eradicated from the globe.
- This is seen as a major milestone in safeguarding human lives and environment, since this is expected to prevent 1.2 million premature deaths globally.
- Lead is added to low quality petrol to increase its octane number and hence enhance engine performance.
4. The multi-nation military exercise named ‘ZAPAD 2021’ is held in which country?
[C] Sri Lanka
Correct Answer: A [Russia]
- Indian Army is participating in Exercise ZAPAD 2021, a multination exercise at Nizhniy, Russia from 3 to 16 September.
- The two-week military exercise named ‘ZAPAD 2021’ aimed at boosting anti-terror cooperation.
- More than a dozen countries from Eurasia and South Asia will also participate in the same exercise. China and Pakistan are also expected to take part in the exercise as observers.
- A contingent of 200 personnel of the Indian Army will participate in an exercise.
5. Which country has recently developed a prototype miniature helicopter for surveillance work on future Mars missions?
Correct Answer: B [China]
- China has developed a prototype miniature helicopter for surveillance work on future Mars missions, according to its space science agency.
- A few months ago, China achieved the historic landing of a robotic rover on the red planet.
- The prototype is similar in appearance to the robotic helicopter Ingenuity, developed by NASA for its Perseverance mission.
- As per the space agency, the helicopter could be a tool for China’s follow-up exploration on Mars.
6. “University of Health Sciences Bill” has been passed by the assembly of which state?
[A] Tamil Nadu
Correct Answer: C [Odisha]
The Legislative Assembly of Odisha has passed the University of Health Sciences Bill 2021, recently. This bill seeks to bring all the medical and paramedical institutions of the state under a single University of Health Sciences.
Presently, various medical and paramedical institutions of the state are affiliated to different universities. This bill has been passed amidst strict opposition from various fronts.
7. Under whose leadership, a Parliamentary committee on finance has been constituted, on separation of the debt management function from the RBI?
[A] Shaktikanta Das
[B] UK Sinha
[C] Manmohan Singh
[D] Jayant Sinha
Correct Answer: D [Jayant Sinha]
A Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance has been constituted under the leadership of Jayant Sinha. This committee would visit the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and discuss on the separation of the debt management function from the RBI.
Former Prime Minister Manmohan and former Governor of RBI Manmohan Singh is also a member of the committee.
8. Which institution recently launched a two-day ‘Lunar Science Workshop 2021’?
Correct Answer: B [ISRO]
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) opened a two-day Lunar Science Workshop 2021, to commemorate the completion of two years of operation of Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft around the lunar orbit.
Chandrayaan-2 has completed more than 9,000 orbits around the Moon. The imaging and scientific instruments on board have been relaying the required data. ISRO Chairperson also released the documents based on data from Chandrayaan-2, along with data from spacecraft’s orbiter payloads.
9. The High Court of which state has stayed the implementation of RBI’s notification on appointment of MD/whole-time director in UCBs?
[B] Madhya Pradesh
Correct Answer: B [Madhya Pradesh]
The Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued a stay order against the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) notification related to appointment of managing director/whole-time director in Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs), dated June 25th 2021.
This order was based on a petition, which argued that the co-operative is part of the State List in the Seventh Schedule of the Constitution and the powers to make legislation w.r.t cooperative Banks is vested with the state governments.
10. Who has been elected as the Chairman of the Assembly of Asian Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI)?
[A] Hou Kai
[B] Mitsuhiko Kawado
[C] GC Murmu
[D] Chen Chu
Correct Answer: C [GC Murmu]
The Comptroller and Auditor General of India GC Murmu has been elected as the Chairman of the Assembly of Asian Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI) from 2024-2027 with India set to host the 16th Assembly of ASOSAI in 2024.
The above questions are part of Daily Current Affairs 20 MCQs Series in GKToday's Academy Android Application. This series can be subscribed in the app only for Rs. 750/- for entire year. Download Now