Ancient Indian History Quiz Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Multiple Choice Quiz Questions (MCQs) on Ancient Indian History for General Studies and GK preparation of SSC, NDA, CDS, UPSC, UPPSC and State PSC Examinations.
A chapterwise course of total 2250 Ancient Indian History MCQs divided into 40 chapters and 16 Mock Tests is available in Android app of GKToday under UPSC Prelims Category. Download Now.
31. Which of the following works credits ‘Pushyabhuti’ as the founder of the Vardhana dynasty ?
32. Who among the following was known to have worked in Medicine?
33. The Kadamba Dynasty was founded by whom among the following?
34. Which of the following was most probably the first metal to be used in India?
35. The Jorwe culture of ancient India has been named after site of the same name in which of the following states?
The Saririka Stupa, Paribhogika stupa and Uddeshika stupa were three Major types of Buddhist stupas. Consider the following statements with this reference:
- The Saririka Stupas contain buried bodily remains of Lord Buddha
- The Uddeshika Stupas contain buried belongings of Lord Budhha
Which among the above is / are correct?
37. Buddha’s ‘noble silence’ is one of the key concepts in Buddhism. On which among the following occasions, Buddha kept noble silence?
Sangam Literature is often divided into two type viz. Agam and Puram. Consider the following statements in this context:
- While Agam deals with inner world, Puram deals with outer world
- While Agam deals with intimate subjects such as love, Puram deals with heroic personages and war
Which among the following observations is / are correct?
39. Which among the following is / are correct statements with respect to the Aryans and Dasyus with respect to earliest settlements of Aryans in India?
1.Aryans believed in bright gods of nature, Dasyus believed in idolatry
2.Aryans performed sacrifices, Dasyus performed no sacrifices
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
Consider the following observations with respect to the Harappan settlements:
- The majority of Harappan settlements were located near water sources
- Harappans made sinking wells and building reservoirs, where local surface water supplies were inadequate
Which among the above statements is / are correct?