Ancient Indian History MCQs
Chapter Wise Compilation of Questions of GKToday’s Ancient Indian History can be downloaded from This Link.
21. In 1837, James Princep deciphered an Inscription in Brahmi script referring to a king called ‘Devanamapiya Piyadassi’. The celebrated monarch known by this epithet was :
22. Which of the following statements about the Gupta Empire under Samudragupta is NOT correct?
Which of the following deities were associated with the ‘Rig Vedic Period’ ?
Choose the correct option:
24. The harappans used intaglio seals, made mostly of carved and fired steatite :
25. Establishment of Svetambara as a separate sect within Jainism was resulted at ____?
26. Which among the following sites of Indus Valley Civilization is located on the banks of River Indus in Larkana District of Pakistan?
27. The sulbasutras of ancient Indian Scholar “Baudhayan” have reached to a most correct value of which among the following?
28. As per the ancient Indian Texts, the land between which among the following two rivers has been called “Brahamavarta”?
The Indus Valley Civilization has not been deciphered yet. Consider the following reasons:
- No knowledge about their language
- Small length of inscriptions
- Absence of bilingual texts
Which among the above is/ are correct reasons?
Consider the following matches:
- Kena Upanishad : Sam Veda
- Katha Upanishad: Krishna yajurveda
- Prasna Upanishad : Samveda
- Mandukya Upanishad: atharvaveda
Which among the above is / are correct?