NITI Aayog- WFP Report on Take-Home Ration (THR)
Government’s think-tank, NITI Aayog recently launched a report titled ‘Take Home Ration-Good Practices across the State/Union Territories’, in collaboration with the World Food Programme (WFP).
- NITI Aayog-WEP report on Take-Home Ration, presents a set of good and innovative practices, that have been adopted by states & UTs, in implementation of Take-Home Ration value chain.
- Take-Home ration is provided by Government of India, under Supplementary Nutrition component of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS).
- It is provided to fill the gap in nutrition among children, and pregnant & lactating women (PLW).
Compilation of Innovations
The good practices document compiles and collates innovations in Take Home Ration (THR) programmes being run in various States and Union Territories.
How was this document generated?
To generate a document on good practices under the programme, aspects related to production, distribution, formulation, packaging, labelling, quality assurance, monitoring, and social & behavioural change have been reviewed. This document will help in adopting good practices in Take-Home Ration programmes across states and UTs.
Recommendations made by report
The NITI Aayog-WFP report made following recommendation:
- All the components of this value chair should function at optimum, in order to realize full potential of Take-Home Ration programme.
- It suggests to build a robust system for procurement, standardized process, full coverage, supply chain management & monitoring to ensure complete transparency, sustainability, leverages local ties, and bring a culture of collaboration and trust within a community.
World Food Programme (WFP)
World Food Programme (WFP) is the food-assistance branch of United Nations. It is the largest humanitarian organization worldwide, that addresses hunger and promote food security. It was established in 1961. The organisation seeks to eradicate hunger and malnutrition, with the goal of eliminating the need for food aid itself. WEP is a member & part of United Nations Development Group and its Executive Committee.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022