GSAT-10 to be launched in 2 months: ISRO
Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman (ISRO) is ready to launch GSAT-10 in 2 months.
It will be shipped to the spaceport at Kourou in French Guiana for launch by European space consortium Arianespace.
What is GSAT-10?
- It is a communication satellite which is proposed to be launched by Ariane-5ECA carrier rocket.
How will it help?
The satellite will:
- Replace the ageing INSAT-2E and INSAT-3B satellites
- Create additional capacity for DTH like applications
- Provide on-orbit back-up for the GAGAN navigation payload. It will augment the GAGAN’s capacity.
- GAGAN is a regional GPS navigational system developed by India
- It will augment the C and Ku band transponder capacity.
GSAT-10 major specifications
- It has 30 transponders – 12 normal C band, 6 extended C band, 12 Ku band
- Minimum operational life: 15 years.