Global Summit on Reimagining Museums in India
The Ministry of Culture is to organize a Global Summit on reimagining museums in India. The summit is first of its kind. The summit is to be inaugurated by the Union Minister of Culture Shri Kishan Reddy.
About the Summit
- The summit is to focus on developing museums in India. The main intention is to cultivate new practices and strategies to develop the Indian museums.
- The summit is organized as a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. It is a programme to mark the 75th anniversary of Indian independence.
- The summit will bring together the experts and practitioners in the field of museum management from all over the world.
Key Agenda of the summit
- To share best practices of museum management
- To share best strategies of museum development
- To identify and understand the needs of museums in the country
- To foster partnerships between Indian and international museums
- To create a plan for renewing Indian museums
The summit is organized by the ministry along with Bloomberg. The summit is to be held on February 15 and February 16, 2022. It is to be held online.
Themes of the summit
The four broad themes of the summit are education and audience management, collections curation and conservation, management, architecture and functional needs.
More than 25 museum professionals are to participate in the summit. They will speak on reimagined practices for museum. This will help India to gain knowledge in the field. Eventually India shall reinvigorate the museums spread all over the country.
Museums help in preserving cultural heritage of the country. They help in educating future generations. The summit will help seek the attention of global leaders in the field. It will explain them the current scenario of the museums in the country. They shall create best approaches to develop the museum. With this international partnerships with Indian museums shall be formed. A master plan to renew the museums shall be framed.