GK & Current Affairs : November 30, 2016
1. India’s first and Asia’s longest cycle highway has been opened in which state of India?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
India’s first and Asia’s longest cycle highway has been opened in Uttar Pradesh. The 207-km-long cycle highway runs between Etawah and Agra. It was inaugurated by state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. It is about 7-feet-wide and is separated by a divider from main highway which ensures the safety of cyclists.
2. The book “Migrants, Refugees and the Stateless in South Asia” has been authored by whom?
[D]Pratap Bhanu Mehta
Answer: Partha Ghosh
The book “Migrants, Refugees and the Stateless in South Asia” has been authored by Partha S.Ghosh. The book addresses the concept of migration with the aim of building theory as well as drawing from existing theories to understand South Asian realities. It highlights the less-explored cultural dimensions of migration music, literature, cinema and art thereby extending migration research into the realms of security discourse.
3. Who will be honoured with the 2016 Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) “Distinguished Indologist” Award?
[B]Yu Long Yu
Answer: Yu Long Yu
Prof. Yu Long Yu of China will be honoured with the 2nd Indian Council for Cultural Relations ‘Distinguished Indologist’ Award by the President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. The award has been instituted by ICCR to recognize eminent Indologists working abroad who have made outstanding contribution to the study and research of India’s philosophy, thought, history, art and culture. The award amount is $20, 000.
4. The 2016 World Ayurveda Congress will be hosted by which country?
The 7th World Ayurveda Congress (WAC) will be held from December 2, 2016 at Science City in Kolkata, West Bengal.The mega event is being organized by the World Ayurveda Foundation with support of Ministry of AYUSH and the State Government of West Bengal. The focus of congress is “Strengthening the Ayurveda Ecosystem”.
5. The 2016 Heart of Asia (HoA) – Istanbul Ministerial Process will be hosted by which country?
The 7th edition of Heart of Asia (HoA) – Istanbul Ministerial Process will be held in Amritsar, Punjab from December 3, 2016. The prime motive of this conference will be to explore effective ways to combat terrorism, particularly Pakistan-sponsored terrorists.
6. What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for FY 17, as per recently report by Morgan Stanley?
As per recently report by Morgan Stanley, India’s GDP growth forecast has been cut from 7.7% to 7.3% in the FY17 as the government’s move to cancel old high-value notes is expected to adversely impact the near-term economic activity. Morgan Stanley has also lowered the growth projection for FY 18 (2017-18) to 7.7% from 7.8%. Beside this, India’s GDP growth for FY (2018-19) forecast at 7.9%.
7. Who has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2016 Raymond Crossward Book award?
Answer: Ruskin Bond
Ruskin Bond has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 14th edition of Raymond Crossword Book Award on November 29, 2016 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
8. Who has been appointed as the new Delhi chief secretary?
[A]K K Sharma
[C]M M Kutty
[D] Nutun Guha
Answer: M M Kutty
MM Kutty, a 1985 batch IAS officer, has been appointed as the new Delhi chief secretary. He replaced K. K. Sharma, who was transferred to the Union HRD Ministry as OSD. Prior to this appointment, he was working as the Additional Secretary in the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
9. Hashim Mansoor, who has recently won gold in the Asian Karate Championship, is belonged to which state?
[C]Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir
Hashim Mansoor (6) from Jammu and Kashmir has recently won gold in the Asian Karate Championship at the Talkatora stadium in New Delhi. Mansoor represented India in the sub-junior category (below 25 kg) in the championship, which featured participants from 19 other countries. After this win, he has now qualified for the World Championship, to be held in September 2017.
10. Who has won the 2016 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix?
Answer: Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton, a British Formula One racing driver from England, has won the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in United Arab Emirates (UAE). .