GK & Current Affairs: July 22, 23, 2015
1. Recently, which of the following auto makers launched its first compact SUV named Creta in India?
The South-Korean car maker, Hyundai launched its Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) Creta in India in both diesel and petrol variants. The 1.6 litre petrol versions of the SUV are priced between Rs
8.59 lakh and Rs
11.19 lakh. The vehicle would be offered with two diesel engine options viz
1.4 litre costing between Rs
9.46 lakh and Rs
11.45 lakh and 1.6 litre diesel engine priced between Rs
11.59 lakh and Rs
2. Which among the following country has least contribution in the capital of the New Development Bank (NDB)?
Answer: South Africa
The New Development Bank (NDB) is a multilateral development bank operated by the BRICS states (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) started its operations from its headquarters in Shanghai, China. The eminent banker, K V Kamath from India appointed as the first President of NDB for five years till 2020. The NDB will have an initial capital of $50 billion, which will be raised to $100 billion within the next couples of years. China will contribute $41 bn while India, Brazil and Russia will each pump in $18 bn while South Africa’s contribution would stand at $ 5 billion. The purpose of the bank is to mobilize resources for infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies and developing countries in the world.
3. As per the Accidental Deaths & Suicides in India (ADSI) 2014 report, which among the following states have maximum farmers suicides due to ‘Bankruptcy’?
As per the ‘Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India (ADSI) 2014 report, released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), total of 5,650 farmers committed suicide in 2014. Due to bankruptcy (or Indebtedness) caused by crop loan, the maximum suicides were reported in Maharashtra followed by Telangana and Madhya Pradesh.
4. Who is the head of the Rajya Sabha panel on the constitutional amendment Bill regarding National Goods and Services Tax (GST)?
[C]Bhanu Pratap Sharma
Answer: Bhupender Yadav
Mr. Bhupender Yadav is the chairman of the Rajya Sabha committee on the constitutional amendment Bill regarding National Goods and Services Tax (GST).
5. Which among the following is the First city to send its nomination for inclusion in the 100 Smart Cities Mission?
Union Territory of Puducherry has nominated its capital city for inclusion in the 100 Smart Cities Mission launched on June 25. With this, it is first city to send its nomination.
6. Which among the following is a correct statement about Softex?
[A]It is an annual expo held in New Delhi for promotion of software export industry in India
[B]It is form which software companies need to fill and submit to RBI when they export software
[C]It is a cloud service developed and deployed by NIC
[D]None of the above is a correct answer
Answer: It is form which software companies need to fill and submit to RBI when they export software
The SOFTEX is an RBI form available online. It requires companies to submit contracts and statements- of-work with every invoice. This form helps RBI to monitor inward and outward remittances in the software business.
7. Which among the following cities of India will host the final of the 2016 ICC World T20 tournament?
The 2016 ICC World T20 tournament is scheduled to be held in India from March 11 to April 3, 2016. It will be hosted in eight citiesacross India viz. Bengaluru, Chennai, Dharamshala, Kolkata, Mohali, Mumbai, Nagpur and New Delhi. Kolkata’s Eden Gardens, theoldest cricketing venue of India, will host the final of this tournament.
8. In which year, the Maximum Retail Price (MRP) on all packaged commodities was introduced?
The maximum retail price (MRP) printed on all packaged commodities that consumers purchase was introduced in 1990 by the Ministry of Civil Supplies, Department of Legal Metrology, by making an amendment to the Standards of Weights and Measures Act (Packaged Commodities’ Rules) (1976).
9. As of July 2015, what is the current nuclear power generation capacity in India?
Answer: 5780 MW
Nuclear power generation in India is currently at 5,780 MW from 21 operational reactors. This capacity is expected to increase to 10,080 MW on progressive completion of projects under commissioning/ construction by 2019, according to the government.
10. What is the main purpose of the proposed Gold Monetisation Scheme?
[A]Allow consumers to sell gold to banks at par with markets
[B]Allow consumers to deposit Gold with banks to get tax-free interest
[C]Allow government of India to sell its Gold stock to utilize for welfare schemes
[D]All RBI to monetize gold to pump money in the economy
Answer: Allow consumers to deposit Gold with banks to get tax-free interest
The proposed Gold Monetisation Scheme proposes to offer tax-free interest to individual on depositing the yellow metal with banks. Government recently circulated a cabinet note on this scheme.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »