GK & Current Affairs : July 18, 19, 2015
1. As per the recent land swap deal between India and Bangladesh, what is the number of enclaves which India has to transfer to Bangladesh?
According to the recent land swap deal between India and Bangladesh, India will transfer 111 enclaves to Bangladesh, while Bangladesh will transfer 51 enclaves to India. As per the 2011 census listed the population in the 111 enclaves as 37,369, and 14,215 in the 51 enclaves.
2. According to the data from the first urban Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC), which among the following state in India has highest per cent of urban BPL households?
The data from the first urban Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC) is yet to be released. As per news published in Indian Express, the data tabulated as per erstwhile Planning Commission’s SR Hashim Committee report; roughly 35 per cent of urban Indian households live below poverty line (BPL). The highest fraction of Urban Poors are in Manipur (54.95% of its total population), Mizoram (52.35% of its total population and Bihar (49.82 per cent). On the other hand, least proportion of Urban poor in India are in Goa (16%) and UTs of D&NH and Delhi (8% each of their population).
3. According to the recent policy changes approved by the Union Cabinet, which among the following will not be counted as foreign investment?
[A]Foreign Portfolio Investment (FPI)
[C]Foreign currency convertible bonds
Answer: Foreign currency convertible bonds
On July 16, 2015, the Union Cabinet has approved simplification of the foreign direct investment policy which proposes to scrapthe distinctions among different types of overseas investmentby shifting to a single composite limit. In this, the distinction between different types of foreign investment is being done away with and there will be sector limits on FDI, FII, Venture Capital, Depository receipts, NRI, and FPI. The new policy will not count FCCBs and depository receipts with debt as underlying instrument as foreign investment.
4. Which of the following is India’s largest E-commerce company?
India’s largest E-commerce company is mJunction which is run by its CEO & MD Viresh Oberoi. It is also largest online steel marketplace in the world. Mjunction is a joint venture(JV) formed by SAIL and Tata Steel. In 2013-14, the Kolkata based company’stransaction value was more than Rs. 43,000 crores compared to Rs. 6,000 crore (as announced) gross merchandise volume of Flipkart in the same year.
5. Which among the following is NOT a Badminton player from India?
Answer: Yuki Bhambri
P.V. Sindhu, K. Srikanth and Sameer Verma are Badminton players, who recently participated in $200,000 Chinese TaipeiGrand Prix Gold badminton tournament. But Indian challenge ended soon. Yuki Bhambri is a Tennis player.
6. The UNMOGIP is related to which of the following two countries?
[A]India and Pakistan
[B]China and Mongolia
[C]Sudan and South Sudan
[D]None of the above
Answer: India and Pakistan
UNMOGIP refers to United Nations Military Observers Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP). It was established in January 1949 and still exists today. However, it has lost its relevance after conversion of ceasefire line to Line of Control (LoC) in 1972.
7. Which of the following schedules of Indian constitution deals with autonomous council in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram?
Answer: 6th Schedule
The central government has recently proposed to amend 6th schedule of the constitution to create village councils and 33% reservation for women in the autonomous council in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
8. At present (July 2015), in which of the following states of India, the ‘Inner Line Permit’ (ILP) is NOT in force?
The ‘Inner Line Permit’ (ILP) is currently in force only in Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram. This is a British era regulation which was designed to segregate the ‘Hill People’ of the northeast from British economic interests in tea, oil and gaming in the Brahmaputra Valley. It came into existence from Bengal Eastern Frontier Regulations of 1873, and after independence, has been kept in force by Indian governments to protect tribal society and culture from getting swamped by the mainland.
9. Which of the following is not a mandate of Rashtriya Gokul Mission (RGM)?
[A]To enhance milk production and productivity of indigenous bovines
[B]To focus on cattle as well as buffalo
[C]To focus on desi as well as foreign breeds
[D]All of the above include in the mandate of RGM
Answer: To focus on desi as well as foreign breeds
The key mandates of the Rashtriya Gokul Mission include:
1. Enhance milk production and productivity of indigenous bovines 39 elite desi breeds such as Gir, Sahiwal, Rathi, Deoni and Red Sindhi will be the focus.
The scheme will cover 13 indigenous buffalo breeds too.
3. Genetic upgradation of nondescript cows by cross-breeding with Indian elite breeds will also be done
4. Rs. 105 crore disbursed since September 2014
10. The Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 is meant to register which of the following: 1. Caste 2. Urban Poverty 3. Rural Poverty 4. Consumption pattern Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 2
[B]Only 1 & 3
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
Answer: Only 1, 2 & 3
SECC was meant to record caste, urban poverty & rural poverty. Recently, only the last these three has been released. The SECC 2011 has approach of defining poverty through deprivation and not consumption.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »