GK & Current Affairs: February 20, 21, 2015
1. The ‘Friends for Life” – an elephant conservation project has been launched by World Wide Fund for Nature India and __?
[A]Aditya Birla Group
Answer: Muthoot Group
The Muthoot Group, one of India’s leading business conglomerates and World Wide Fund for Nature- India (WWF-India) has launched ‘Friends for Life’, an elephant conservation project dedicated towards effective management of human-elephant conflict (HEC) and protecting the habitats of Asian elephants across six states in India. The project is part of the Muthoot Haathi Mera Saathi CSR initiative.
2. The Sahityakar Samman and Sahitya Rachna Samman are given for outstanding contribution in which language?
Sahityakar Samman and Sahitya Rachna Samman presented to writers for his/her outstanding contribution in Sindhi language. The union government has recently decided to raise the prize money of the awards from Rs 1 lakh to 5 lakh.
3. The Dwekh Nawsha is a Christian militia brigade formed to fight against the Islamic State (IS) in which country?
Dwekh Nawsha is a Christian militia brigade in Iraq’s Ninawa province fighting the Islamic State (IS). Nawsha’s objective is to defend Christians and reclaim areas in Ninawa controlled by the IS. Dwekh Nawsha (The Sacrificers) is also known as al-Fedayoon.
4. Which country hosted the World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH)-2015?
The World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH) 2015 which is second in series was held on 17-18 February 2015 in Qatar. The World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH) is a high-profile initiative that aims to promote and facilitate innovation in the delivery of healthcare around the globe.
5. Which state government has recently announced to set up an organic cotton textile park?
Maharashtra government has announced to set up organic cotton Textile Park a first-of-its-kind specialty textile park in the state. The move is to promote organic cotton cultivation in India.
6. Which country has highest air pollution among all European Union (EU) countries?
Poland has the highest air pollution levels among all European Union (EU) countries. As per report several Polish cities did not meet EU air purity standards. In many towns, the concentration of harmful particles in the air exceeded the standards several times.
7. The 49th SAARC literature festival was held at __?
Agra hosted the 49th South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) literature festival in February 2015. The four days festival witnessed the participation of more than 150 poets, writers, scholars and artist from SAARC countries. Odisha author Sitakanta Mahapatra was conferred the lifetime achievement award at the 49th SAARC literature festival.
8. Which Indian cricketer has won the ESPNcricinfo award for best ODI batting show?
Answer: Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma has won the ESPNcricinfo award for his record breaking 264 against Sri Lanka. This is Rohit’s second award in the same category after the top-order batsman bagged the same prize for first double ton in 2013.
9. The author of the novel “All That Could Have Been” is __?
Answer: Mahesh Bhatt
“All That Could Have Been” is the debut novel of the Bollywood filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt. It has been written by Mahesh Bhatt and Suhrita Sengupta.
10. The ReEBOV Antigen Rapid Test kit has been recently approved by WHO for quick testing of which disease?
The ReEBOV Antigen Rapid Test kit made by Colorado-based Corgenix has been approved by WHO for quick testing Ebola. Until now, Ebola test have been mainly conducted in laboratories. These gene based tests are more accurate but can take between 12 to 24 hours.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Quiz « Previous QuizNext Quiz »