DPIIT interactive dashboard for user associations
Recently, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has developed a user-interactive dashboard for industry associations and trade bodies.
- This new digital initiative will facilitate authorized user associations to register their suggestions and issues with the government so that their issues related to various departments of the government can be resolved in a transparent manner.
- Recently, a user demonstration of the system was organized for all the major industry associations engaged in logistics services in India to discuss about the prototype of the system and its benefits.
- The initiative is expected to help identify procedural issues that lead to lower logistics efficiency and higher logistics cost.
- This User Interaction Dashboard is part of several initiatives being developed by Logistics Division, DPIIT to address technology, services and human resource related aspects of logistics efficiency in the country.
- The dashboard is expected to be launched soon for all the authorized associations in the region.
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
- It is a central government department works under the aegis of Ministry of Commerce and Industry. DPIIT is responsible to formulate & implement the promotional & developmental measures for the growth of industrial sector.
- The department look after the overall industrial policy while several individual administrative ministries are responsible for production, distribution, development and planning of specific industries. DPIIT was named in its current form on January 27, 2019 by changing the name of “Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion”.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs - 2024