SpaceX: “DOGE-1 Mission to the Moon”
SpaceX is to launch DOGE-1, a satellite that is completely funded with crypto currency. Days earlier Musk did mention about DOGE crypto currencies in a TV show he was hosting. He also admitted in the show that he had Asperger’s Syndrome.
- It is the first ever commercial payload to be paid with Dogecoin.
- The satellite weighs 40 kilograms.
- The satellite is to be launched in 2022.
- The DOGE-1 is a payload of Geometric Energy corporation. The company is to obtain lunar spatial intelligence from cameras and sensors with integrated computational and communication systems.
- DOGE-1 is to be launched in Falcon 9.
- SpaceX recently launched a batch of Star Link satellites in Falcon 9. According to SpaceX, the Falcon 9 boosters are capable of hundred more flights before they retire.
- Falcon 9 is a partially reusable two-stage launch vehicle. It uses liquid oxygen and rocket grade kerosene as propellants.
- Dogecoin has jumped by 800% over April 2021. It is now the fourth largest digital currency in the world.
- It is basically a crypto currency.
- It was released in 2013.
- It was created by IBM engineers.
Recent Developments in SpaceX
- SpaceX has been struggling since a long time to make successful landing of its Star ship rocket. This was recently succeeded by the company in its SN15 that landed on May 7, 2021.
- In April 2021, SpaceX launched sixty Star Link satellites
- NASA and SpaceX together transported four astronauts to the International Space Station in Crew Dragon Spacecraft. It was called the Crew 2 mission.
- SN10 of SpaceX exploded after successful landing
- In November 2020, SpaceX launched four astronauts to space in its Crew 1 mission.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|