Raisina Dialogue, 2021
The Raisina Dialogue was recently organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and Observer Research Foundation. The dialogue was held under the theme:
Theme: viral World: Outbreaks, Outliers and Out of Control
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the dialogue virtually.
- It is an annual Geo-political event. It is named after Raisina Hill where the seat of Government of India is located. It is a conference on geoeconomics and Geopolitics.
- It was structured on the lines of Shangri-La-Dialogue.
- It was held for the first time in 2016.
Objectives of Raisina Dialogue
- To explore future opportunities for Asian integration.
- To explore advancement in integration of Asia with the world
- It also asserts the crucial role played by India in the Indian Ocean Region.
- It also focuses on how India can build a stable, regional and world order.
- It addresses the most challenging issued faced by the global community.
Raisina Hill is an area in New Delhi that houses the most important buildings of India namely Rashtrapati Bhavan and the secretariat building that houses Prime Minister Office and several other ministers. The Raisina Hill is surrounded by other important buildings including Rajpath, Parliament of India and India Gate.
Earlier, the Viceroy’s House was constructed acquiring land from three hundred families in the local villages. This was done under the 1894 Land Acquisition Act. After independence, it was turned into the permanent residence of President of India.
It is an inter-government security forum held annually. It is attended by defence ministers, military chiefs of twenty-eight states including India.
PM orders Audit of Ventilators provided by the Centre
On May 15, 2021, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered an audit of ventilators provided by the Ce...
How will GST Exemption lead to Price rise?
The West Bengal Chief Minister recently requested the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to exempt COVID m...
SVAMITVA E-Property Cards distributed
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the distribution of E-Property Cards under the Svamitva Sc...
Insurance Scheme for Health Workers under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
The Government of India is to extend the insurance scheme for health workers under the Pradhan Mantr...
Gaganyaan: ISRO signs agreement with France
The Indian Space Research Organisation recently signed an agreement with the French Space Agency CNE...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|