PM Modi releases Hindi Translation of Odisha Itihaas
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the Hindi translation of “Odisha Itihaas”. The book is available in Odia and English so far. It was translated to Hindi by Shankarlal Purohit.
About Odisha Itihaas
- The book was written by Utkal Keshari Dr Harekrushna Mahatab.
- He wrote the book Odisha Itihaas in Ahmednagar Fort Jail. He was imprisoned here for two years between 1942 and 1945.
- He was the first Chief Minister of Odisha. He served as the Chief Minister of Odisha between 1946 and 1950 and again between 1956 and 1961.
- He was popularly known as Utkal Keshari.
- Utkal Keshari was the leader of the Indian National Congress.
- He was born in Bhadrak district of Odisha.
- He joined the Independence struggle in 1921.
- He was the chairman of the Balasore District Board between 1924 and 1928.
- He joined the Salt Satyagraha Movement and was imprisoned in 1930.
- He participated in untouchability movement and opened his ancestral temple to all.
- He participated in Quit India Movement and was imprisoned again for two years.
- He founded the Prajatantra Prachar Samiti.
- He started the weekly magazine Prajantantra in 1923. It later became the Daily Prajatantra.
Roles of Mahatab after independence
- He acted as the Governor of Bombay from 1955 to 1956.
- He played a significant role in the merger and integration of princely states. Dr Mahatab wanted to integrate twenty six Oriya speaking princely states with the Odisha province in 1946 and took several steps to achieve it.
- He shifted the capital of Odisha from Cuttack to Bhubaneshwar.
- It was Mahatab who sanctioned the construction of Hirakud Dam.
- He was imprisoned in 1976 for protesting against the emergency rule.
PM orders Audit of Ventilators provided by the Centre
On May 15, 2021, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered an audit of ventilators provided by the Ce...
How will GST Exemption lead to Price rise?
The West Bengal Chief Minister recently requested the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to exempt COVID m...
SVAMITVA E-Property Cards distributed
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the distribution of E-Property Cards under the Svamitva Sc...
GC Murmu chosen as external auditor by OPCW
G C Murmu has been chosen as the External Auditor of Organisation for Prohibition of Chemical Weapon...
Civil Services Day: April 21
Every year India celebrates National Civil Services Day on April 21. ContentsKey HighlightsAbout Civ...
Topics: Balasore • Freedom Struggle • Harekrushna Mahatab • Hirakud Dam • Indian independence movement • Indian National Congress • Odisha Itihaas • Persons in News • PM Modi • Princely States • Quit India Movement • Salt Satyagraha movement • Utkal Keshari
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|