PiMo- eBike launched by IIT Madras-Incubated start-up
The Pi Beam, which is an IIT Madras-incubated start-up, recently launched the electric two-wheeler called ‘PiMO’.
- Pi Beam has set an aim of selling 10,000 vehicles by the end of financial year 2021-22.
- The bike was founded by an IIT Madras Alum Visakh Sasikumar.
- 100 customers have already pre-booked the e-bike.
- The electric two-wheeler can charge faster than a smartphone.
- The sustainable and affordable bike has a range of 50 km.
- The e-bike was launched for the personal and commercial needs.
- It has been priced at Rs. 30,000.
- It does not require licence or registration.
- The e-bike will offer the green and easy mobility on Indian roads.
- 90 per cent of the components of bike such as crucial batteries and controllers were manufactured in India.
- Thus, it is among few EVs in the local market that follows the spirit of ‘Make in India’ spirit.
Features of the e-bike
The e-bike stands between an electric bicycle and the entry-level electric scooter. It has a top speed of 25 kmph. The e-bike provided a higher travel range when compared to the electric bicycle category. The bike also offers a Battery Swapping’ Technology.
Battery Swapping Technology
Using this technology, a drained battery can be exchanged with a fully charged battery at the designated locations.
Pi Beam Electric
It is an an IIT Madras-incubated start-up. The company provides for a range of green, stylish, affordable and easy-to-use EV solutions for personal and commercial uses. IT also offers an end-to-end micro-mobility sustainable EVs. The EVs are data-driven that augment the productivity for the last-mile logistics and transportation.