ICOLD Symposium on Sustainable Development of Dams & River Basins inaugurated
The International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD) Symposium on Sustainable Development of Dams & River Basins was inaugurated by the Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, on February 24, 2021.
- The Symposium on Sustainable Development of Dams & River Basins is being organised by the International Commission on Large Dams (INCOLD) in association with the Dam Rehabilitation Improvement Project (DRIP), Central Water Commission (CWC) and National Hydrology Project (NHP).
- The event will be organised at New Delhi as Hybrid event starting from24thFebruary to 27th February 2021.
- The event will be participated by more than 300 delegates from India and abroad.
- The symposium is being organised with the objective of providing an opportunity to Indian Dam Engineering Professionals and Agencies to share their experiences, ideas and latest developments.
- With the help of this platform, they will be sharing new materials and construction technologies, best engineering practices, advancement in investigation techniques, dam safety issues etc.
- The event will also provide opportunity to network with the world-renowned dam experts from across the world who are involved in Dam Construction, management, operation and maintenance.
Dam Rehabilitation Improvement Project (DRIP)
Under the event, the achievement of the Dam Rehabilitation Improvement Project (DRIP), that was launched to improve the safety and operational performance of large dams and its appurtenances structures, will be presented to the Global Dam Community who are looking forward to India’s development. Further, the Dam Safety Bill which was approved by Lok Sabha, to put the regulatory mechanism and proper surveillance, operation, inspection and maintenance of all dams in India will also be publicised.
Category: Summits and Conferences