Current Affairs : October 10, 2011
CL-T20: Mumbai Indians the Champions
- Mumbai Indians won the CL (Champions League) Twenty20 cricket tournament thrashing Royal Challengers Bangalore in the finale
In order to counterpunch Euro Zone debt crisis, Angela & Nicolas suggest all-inclusive packages
- Angela Merkel (German Chancellor) and Nicolas Sarkozy (French President) declared to deliver a comprehensive bundle of offers to resolve the euro zone sovereign debt crisis and support financially-disturbed European banks by the October, 2011 last.
Jagjit Singh, the Ghazal Maestro passes away
- Jagjit Singh (70), the Ghazal Maestro passed away.
- Jagjit Singh ascended to prominence in 1970s and 1980s when he sang duet Ghazals with Chitra Singh(his wife).
- Jagjit Singh had sung in numerous Indian languages viz. Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Nepali, Punjabi, Sindhi and Urdu. In 2003 the Padma Bhushan (India’s 3rd highest civilian honour) was conferred on him.
- He was the 1st Indian composer, and jointly with his spouse Chitra Singh the foremost recording artiste in the entire history of Indian music to use digital multi-track recording for their album, Beyond Time (1987) – India’s first digitally recorded album.
India to assist Sri Lanka in reconstruction of Schools
- India to assist Sri Lanka in reconstruction of 79 Schools in the war-affected Northern Province of Sri Lanka. The cost of the project will be around 160 million Sri Lankan rupees. India inked a MoU with Sri Lanka in this regard. India will also assume the job on renovation of the Tirukoteeswaram Temple in Mannar.
‘Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration’ to be awarded to Former Union Minister Mohan Dharia
- Mr. Mohan Dharia, Former Union Minister chosen for the 26th Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for encouraging and maintaining spirit of national integration.
- The award bears a citation and a Rs 5 Lakh cash prizes. Chairperson of the committee for Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration, Sonia Gandhi to deliver the honour to Mr. Dharia at a gathering on October 31, 2011.
A Bilateral Trade objective of $2 Billion by 2012 fixed by India and the Czech Republic
Elevating their economic cooperation, India and the Czech Republic set an objective of a bilateral trade volume of $2 billion by 2012. The present volume is $1.3 billion.
The decision in New Delhi b/w the visiting Czech Minister for Industry & Trade, Martin Kocourek and Commerce and Industry Minister.
Minimum Vote Limit raised from 6% to 8% by ECI
ECI (Election Commission of India) increased the cap of min. votes a political party must get in Election in order to obtain the position of a State party or uphold it ahead.
The new min limit is 8% of total valid votes polled in State Assembly or Lok Sabha polls. Previously, the limit was 6%. In addition, the party ought to have returned not less than two members to the Legislative Assembly in case of Assembly polls or not less than one member in Parliament from the State in case of Lok Sabha elections.
The ECI amended its Election Symbols reservations and allotment order 1968 in order to make these changes and issued a new order: the Election Symbol reservations and allotment amendment order 2011.
Topics: Assassination of Indira Gandhi • Defence Ministers of India • Finance Ministers of India • Government of India • Indian Hindus • Indian people • Indira Gandhi • Jagjit Singh • Members of the Lok Sabha • Mohan • Mohan Dharia