Bill Gates: The most admired person in the world
As per a new poll conducted by The Times, the co-founder of Microsoft and a billionaire philanthropist Mr. Bill Gates is the most admired person on the planet. He is better known for donating large sums of money to charitable organizations and scientific research and is highly regarded globally.
Other Admired Personalities
- Second most admired person in the poll was US president Barack Obama, followed by Russian leader Vladimir Putin and Pope Francis.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping was at 6th position.
- There were seven Indians in the list of 30 most-admired people.
- Indians: Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar (5), BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi (7), Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan (9), former President Abdul Kalam (10), social activist Anna Hazare (14), Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal (18) and Business tycoon Ratan Tata (30).
- Only six women were on the list of 30 most admired people.
- Women: Queen Elizabeth (17th), US talk show host Oprah Winfrey (20th), German Chancellor Angela Merkel (26th), former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (27th) and Chinese contemporary folk singer Peng Liyuan (28th).
Note: The “World’s most admired people poll” was conducted by YouGov for The Times by surveying approx 14,000 people in 13 countries. The countries that took part were Great Britain, France, Germany, Russia, the US, Australia, Pakistan, Indonesia, India, China, Egypt, Nigeria and Brazil.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|