Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: November 23, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for November 23, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government has issued an order to form an anti-terrorism squad (ATS) in the State.
- Award-winning Malayalam writer P. Valsala, 85, passed away.
- India resumes e-visa services for Canadians as situation improves.
- Indian government is developing a carbon credit trading scheme to help the country meet its net-zero goals.
- Karnataka is coming up with a plan of introducing a tiger safari zone in the southernmost district of Chamarajanagar.
- Tantalum, a scarce metallic element characterized by its atomic number 73, was discovered recently in Sutlej.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das has cautioned banks and NBFCs against being over-reliant on algorithms and model-based credit appraisal and lending.
- India asked private firms to ramp up investments in new coal-fired power plants.
- Kazakhstan has invited India to invest in Astana Hub, an international tech park.
- Israel and Hamas agree to four-day ceasefire in Gaza.
- North Korea claimed to have successfully placed a spy satellite into orbit with its third launch attempt this year,
- China announced that Premier Li Qiang will attend the virtual G-20 Leaders’ Summit at India’s invitation.
- U.K. government unveils voter-friendly Budget with elections approaching.
- India claims nine medals and tops standings at the Asian Para Archery Championships.
- India and Australia gear up for five-match T20 international series.
Category: Today's News Headlines