Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: November 21, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for November 21, 2023
- The Supreme Court took note of the Tamil Nadu government’s argument and said Governor can’t withhold re-passed Bills.
- At least 45 mechanised fishing boats were gutted after fire broke out at the jetty in the fishing harbour next to the Visakhapatnam port.
- Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the 54th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- Union Health Ministry invited comments from the public and stakeholders on the proposed National Pharmacy Commission Bill, 2023.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- India’s spending on subsidies and the rural employment guarantee scheme are expected to rise ahead of the 2024 Lok Sabha elections: Goldman Sachs Report.
- TAFE launches electric, hydrogen powered tractors for Europe.
- India’s October gold imports surged 60% from a year earlier to a 31-month high.
- Blue Dart sets up digital parcel locker service at post offices under a partnership with India Post.
- For Australia and India, China is the biggest trading partner, and China is the ‘biggest security anxiety’ said Australian Deputy Prime Minister.
- Controversial economist and Far-right populist Javier Milei has won Argentina’s presidential elections.
- Israeli forces pressed their offensive against Hamas in northern Gaza as babies were evacuated to Egypt.
- Rohit Sharma was on Monday named the captain of the ICC’s Team of the Tournament after the conclusion of the World Cup.
- Virat Kohli was crowned the ‘Fielder-of-the-Match’ award after India missed out on the World Cup title.
Category: Today's News Headlines