Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 28, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for March 28, 2023
- Supreme Court issues notice to Gujarat government and Centre in Bilkis Bano case
- Second phase of Bihar’s caste-based survey set to begin from April 15; training of field enumerators is underway.
- Punjab and Haryana High Court turns to ChatGPT for view on bail in murder case
- G20 Infrastructure Working Group Summit begins in Visakhapatnam; to be co-chaired by Australia and Brazil.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Parliament approves Union Budget for 2023-24 with Lok Sabha clearing Finance Bill as amended by Rajya Sabha.
- Mahila Samman Savings Certificate to have tenure of two years and would offer an interest rate of 7.5%.
- EPFO raises interest rate to 8.15% for FY23 from 8.1% last year.
- Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu announces suspension of judicial reforms after nationwide protests.
- German defence ministry announces that the first shipment of third-generation Leopard-2 tanks has been sent to Ukraine.
- Foundation of SAARC Writers and Literature (FOSWAL) conferred a special literary award on Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- China’s Nio opens trial for high-speed electric-vehicle battery swapping stations.
- Law banning caste-based discrimination comes into effect in US city of Seattle.
- Badminton: Madrid Spain Masters tournament to begin; P.V. Sindhu and Saina Nehwal will lead India’s challenge at the BWF Super 300 event.
Category: Today's News Headlines