Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: June 24, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for June 24, 2023
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a joint session of the U.S. Congress, called the India-U.S. relationship “a defining partnership” of the 21st century.
- Dr Jitendra Singh launches the GEMCOVAC-OM, an Omicron-specific mRNA-based Booster vaccine.
- NHPC signs MoU with GRIDCO Odisha, for developing Pumped Storage Projects and Solar Energy Projects in Odisha.
- INS Sunayna visited Mombasa, Kenya for strengthening bilateral ties with maritime neighbours on the theme of Ocean Ring of Yoga.
- INS Trishul made a port call at Toamasina, Madagascar and INS Tarkash made a port call to Muscat, Oman.
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation, Amit Shah laid foundation stone of ‘Balidan Stambh’ in Srinagar.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Govt directs Food Corporation of India (FCI) to conduct e-auction of wheat and rice to check increase in retail prices.
- Micron to produce first semiconductor chip at India plant by December 2024.
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman met Minister of Finance and Digital Sovereignty of France Bruno Le Maire sidelines of Summit New Global Financing Pact in Paris
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (DRL) is making a foray into the trade generics business in India; forms a new division RgenX to focus on the segment.
- The head of the Russian mercenary group Wagner threatened to destroy Russia’s military leadership; Russia orders arrest.
- Beijing issues highest heat alert as China records 40 degree Celsius.
- U.K. accuses Russia of ‘training combat dolphins’ in Crimea.
- Global Chess League: Magnus Carlsen defeats Viswanathan Anand, on the second day.
- Saraswati clinched the 500m roller skating race in the Special Olympics World Games.
Category: Today's News Headlines