Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: January 26, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for January 26, 2023.
- India and Egypt signs a MoU to facilitate content exchange, capacity building, and co-productions between Prasar Bharati and National Media Authority of Egypt.
- President has approved the conferment of 106 Padma Awards- 6 Padma Vibhushan, 9 Padma Bhushan and 91 Padma Shri Awards.
- President of India approves 412 Gallantry Awards for Defence personnel.
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits Western Nepal
- Chief Justice of India D.Y. Chandrachud announced in open court that the Supreme Court will release 1,268 judgments in 13 Indian languages on Republic Day.
- The Monument Mitra scheme will soon be revamped to enable private firms, to upkeep 1,000 ASI monuments.
- Five to seven countries to sign up for adopting ‘India Stack’- India-developed technology platforms like UPI, DigiLocker and Aadhaar.
- Google announced it would change its Android and Play policies in India in order to comply with the CCI’s directives.
- UN predicts India growth to moderate to 5.8% in 2023, in its World Economic Situation and Prospects 2023 report.
- Tata-owned Air India rolls out a staff stock option plan.
- Centre to release 3 million tonnes wheat to open market to tackle high prices.
- RBI Proposes Stressed Assets Securitisation Framework for Quicker Resolution
- UNESCO designates Ukraine’s Odesa a World Heritage in Danger site
- Australians are marking the 235th anniversary of British colonization; Australia Day focuses on Black recognition in constitution.
- North Korea locks down capital city Pyongyang over ‘respiratory illness’
- Germany and the United States said they will send battle tanks to Ukraine.
- Women’s IPL auction attracts Rs 4,670 cr in winning bids as the second most lucrative cricket leagu; Adani tops bidder list.
- Hockey World Cup: Germany beat England and Netherlands defeat Korea to enter Semi-finals
- Australian Open: Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna defeat American-British duo in mixed doubles semifinal.
Category: Today's News Headlines