Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: January 13, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for January 13, 2023.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF) adds Neelakurinji (Strobilanthes kunthiana) on the list of protected plants under Schedule III of the Wildlife (Protection) Act.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution, urging the Centre to immediately implement the Sethusamudram project.
- Press Information Bureau flags six YouTube channels for fake news.
- Centre submits views of 24 States to Supreme Court on notification of religious and linguistic minority communities.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar criticises the Supreme Court for using Basic Structure Doctrine to strike down constitutional amendments by Parliament.
- Industrial output reached 7.1% growth in November after October contraction.
- SEBI allows stock exchanges to introduce multiple contracts in the same commodity.
- Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal rules out mini trade pact with U.S.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) holds its forecast for 2.7 % growth in 2023; MD Kristalina Georgieva said 2023 would be another tough year for global economy.
- California is hit by record-breaking rains and storms
- Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology of UAE, Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber has been named as COP 28 President.
- French government to increase retirement age from 62 to 64 by 2030
- James Webb Space Telescope Confirms Earth-Sized Planet around the habitable zone of the red dwarf LHS 475.
- India clinches Sri Lanka ODI series with four-wicket win in second match.
- Hockey World Cup 2023: India lines up against Spain for its opening World Cup game.
Category: Today's News Headlines
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - May, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 16-31, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|