Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: December 16, 2022
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for December 16, 2022
- India successfully conducts trials of nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni V.
- The Nation celebrates Vijay Diwas to commemorate India’s victory over Pakistan in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War
- Chennai International Film Festival inaugurated
- ‘States can enact laws on uniform civil code’: Union Law and Justice Minister Kiran Rijiju
- 16th Edition of Indo-Nepal joint army training exercise “SURYA KIRAN” begins.
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurates a direct flight between Mumbai & San Francisco
- India receives all 36 Rafale aircraft from France, with the last one landing on Decemeber 15
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Centre spent Rs 2,355 crore on ads in the last five years: Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
- Reserve Bank will issue two tranches of Sovereign Gold Bonds for public subscription in December and March.
- Reliance Consumer Products launches FMCG brand ‘Independence’.
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd set to market general insurance products of Kotak Mahindra General Insurance.
- US imposes new sanctions on Russia’s financial sector
- Peru government announces nationwide emergency amid fiery protests
- The UN Economic and Social Council votes to oust Iran due its systematic violation of the rights of women and girls
- World Bank Report: Curbing air pollution in India needs efforts across South Asia
- R Praggnanandhaa tops USD 10,000 Julius Baer Challenger Championship in Tel Aviv.
- Rafael Nadal was crowned the ITF world champion for the fifth time in his career; Top-ranked Iga Swiatek won the women’s award.
Category: Today's News Headlines