Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: August 26, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for August 26, 2023
- Survey exercise of Caste enumeration in Bihar completed.
- Law and Justice Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal launched Tele-Law- 2.0 that Integrates Tele-Law and Nyaya Bandhu App.
- Prime Minister Modi becomes first Foreign Head of Government to be awarded ‘The Grand Cross of the Order of Honour’ by Greece.
- ISRO: Chandrayaan rover Pragyan successfully traversed a distance of around eight metres on the lunar surface.
- Indore has been adjudged the best Smart City while Madhya Pradesh has been chosen as the top state in the Smart Cities Mission.
- Defence Ministry signed a contract with Hindustan Shipyard Ltd, for acquisition of five fleet support ships (FSS) for Indian Navy at ₹19,000 crore.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- IIT Bombay partners with HSBC to support innovation-led green hydrogen initiatives.
- G-20 Ministers agreed to map global value chains, integrate small businesses with them and ease trade documentation.
- India imposes 20% export duty on parboiled rice.
- India’s foreign exchange reserves fall to near 2-month low of $595 billion.
- Germany develops device for visually impaired at sports of shooting.
- India and Greece pledge to upgrade ties to become strategic partners.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin will not participate in the G-20 leaders’ summit to be held in New Delhi.
- China and Bhutan hold first meeting on delimitation of disputed boundary.
- India’s Neeraj Chopra progressed to the men’s javelin throw final at the World Athletics Championships 2023; Manu DP and Kishore Jena also book spots.
- Women’s Asian Hockey 5s World Cup Qualifier: India defeats Malaysia 7-2.
- Indian Women’s blind team enters maiden final of World Games in Birmingham.
- BWF World Championships: Indian shuttler HS Prannoy storms into semifinals.
Category: Today's News Headlines