Current Affairs : November 25, 2011
Dnata launches travel services in India
- Dnata (www.dnata.com), the fourth largest air services provider in the world announced its first foray into the Indian market with the official launch of its travel services operation in India. Dnata, in partnership with award-winning international corporate services company and one of the world’s leading travel management companies, Hogg Robinson Group (HRG), would offer corporate travel solutions in India with services including a 24×7 Contact Centre facility for reservations, online corporate booking tools (TMS), visa services, travel insurance, worldwide car rentals, event management, incentives and VAT reclaim.
Dr Satyavir Singh gets Ben-Gurion Award in horticulture
- Dr Satyavir Singh, Director General Horticulture, Haryana has been presented Ben-Gurion Award 2011 announced by the Indo-Israel Friendship Association in recognition of his contribution in the field of horticulture. Dr Satyavir Singh had Joined Horticulture Department, Haryana as Director of Horticulture on deputation from Government of India during the year, 2006. National Horticulture Mission is being implemented successfully in Haryana under the skilled direction of Dr. Satyavir Singh.
Censure motion against assault on Pawar
- The Madhya Pradesh Assembly passed a censure motion against assault on Agriculture and Food-Processing Industries Minister Sharad Chandra Govindrao Pawar.
India Inc welcomes FDI in multi-brand retail
- India Inc welcomed the Government’s decision to allow 51% FDI in multi-brand retail and 100% in single-brand retail and opined that the step would benefit the consumers, farmers and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and generate significant employment.
India, Ukraine to have visa-free travel for diplomats
- India and Ukraine signed an agreement on Visa Free Travels for Holders of Diplomatic Passports.
Sikh monument ‘Virasat-E-Khalsa’ inaugurated
- Sikh monument “Virasat-E-Khalsa”, depicting the evolution and 500 year History of the Khalsa Panth, was inaugurated in Sri Anandpur Sahib. The grand museum covers the Sikh History right from Guru Nanak era to Guru Gobind Singh’s Khalsa Raj, depicting the unparalleled sacrifices of Sikhs for unity and integrity of the country.
Apex court dismisses plea on Soumitra Sen impeachment
- The Supreme Court Friday dismissed a petition seeking the quashing of Rajya Sabha proceedings on the impeachment of Justice Soumitra Sen, then a judge of the Calcutta High Court judge, on charges of misappropriation.
TEMA for Nodal Expert Council for monitoring of NTP implementation
- The Indian Telecom Equipment Manufacturers Association (TEMA) urged the Government for setting up a Nodal Expert Council for monitoring the implementation of National Telecom Policy (NTP) 2011. The NTP stresses on the growth of broadband, rural sector, domestic manufacturing and R&D, spectrum allocation and management and security.