Banking, Finance & Economy Current Affairs Quiz -March 20 ,2023
March 20, 2023 March 20, 2023
1. Which organization did the Indian government approve for listing on the stock exchanges on 18 March?
[A] Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA)
[B] Stock Exchanges of India
[C] Union Government of India
[D] None of the above
Correct Answer: A [Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA)]
The Union Government on 18 March approved the listing of the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) on the stock exchanges.
2. What percentage of local quota does the Jharkhand government aim to ensure in the private sector through the job portal?
Correct Answer: D [75%]
The Jharkhand government on 17 March launched the ‘Jharniyojan’ portal where all private establishments have to register themselves.
3. Which country is currently holding the G-20 Presidency and organising the Startup-20 Group meeting in Sikkim?
[B] Saudi Arabia
Correct Answer: D [India]
The Startup 20 Engagement Group under India’s G-20 Presidency began a two-day meeting in Gangtok, Sikkim.
The group aims to bring together the global startup system and give each country the freedom to develop its own unique ecosystem.
4. Which of the following companies has become the first overseas company to start a mega-mall project in Kashmir?
Correct Answer: A [Emaar]
Emaar, a Dubai-based real estate developer, has become the first foreign company to invest in a mega-mall spread over one million square feet in Srinagar.
5. Which company received a Letter of Award from Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) for a 200 MW solar power project?
[A] OIL INDIA
[B] SJVN Green Energy Ltd (SGEL)
[D] Government of India
Correct Answer: B [SJVN Green Energy Ltd (SGEL)]
State-owned SJVN on Saturday said it’s green energy subsidiary has bagged a 200MW solar project entailing an investment of Rs 1,000 crore in Maharashtra.” SJVN Green Energy Ltd (SGEL) received a Letter of Award from Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) for 200 MW solar power project. The project will be constructed in a period of 18 months of the signing of the PPA (power purchase agreement) with MSEDCL.