Arunachal Pradesh launches Two Agri schemes
Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu, launched two ambitious schemes on September 3, 2021.
- One scheme was launched in agriculture sector, called ‘Atmanirbhar Krishi Yojana’, and
- Second scheme was launched in horticulture sector, called ‘Atmanirbhar Bagwani Yojana’.
- Both the schemes are part of the Atmanirbhar programme that was announced by central government during the budget session of 2021.
- Rs 120 crores has been allocated to Atmanirbhar Krishi Yojana and Rs 60 crores allocated for Atmanirbhar Bagwani Yojana.
Atmanirbhar Krishi Yojana
This scheme is the subsumed version of erstwhile Chief Minister’s Sashakt Kisan Yojana and Chief Minister’s Samuh Yojana. This subsumed scheme gives more thrust and comprises more provision of bank loan. Similarly, the Atmanirbhar Bagwani Yojana is the updated version of Chief Minister’s Sashakt Kisan Yojana.
Significance of the schemes
Both of the schemes are unique because both based on front-ended subsidies. Under the scheme, credit link will be provided to the beneficiaries by the State Bank of India, Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank (APRB) and Arunachal Pradesh Cooperative Apex Bank. Under the scheme, 45 percent will be provided as government subsidy, 45 percent as bank loan while only 10 percent will have to be borne by the farmer.
How to avail this scheme?
To avail the schemes, no land document such as land possession certificate (LPC) will be required for SHGs. They just require simple certificate like EAC, CO or BDO concerned. Also, there will be no collateral with respect to individual schemes to get loan up to Rs 1.60 lakh. For SHGs, no collateral will be required for loans up to Rs 10 lakhs.
Implementation of the schemes
Schemes will be implemented by:
- State level committee headed by the chief secretary and
- District level committees headed by the deputy commissioners.