67th National Film Awards
The winners for the 67th National Film Awards 2021 were announced on March 22, 2021. This award ceremony was delayed by a year amid the covid-19 pandemic.
The National Film Awards ceremony is organised on May 3 every year. However, the ceremony was not organised in the year 2020. The winners were finally announced on March 22 during a press conference at the National Media Centre in New Delhi.
About 67th award
In the year 2021, there were a total of 461 films in the Feature Film category and 220 films in the Non-Feature Film category. The entries were from the 13 states in the most film-friendly states.
The winners of the 67th National Film Awards are listed below:
- Most film-friendly state award was given to Sikkim
- Best Book on Cinema award was given to “A Gandhian Affair: India’s Curious Portrayal of Love in Cinema” by Sanjay Suri.
- Best Film Critic was given to Sohini Chattopadhyay.
- In the non-features film category, the Best Narration award was given to Wild Karnataka by Sir David Attenborough
- Best Editing award was given to‘Shut Up Sona’ by Arjun Gourisaria.
- Best Audiography was conferred to Radha (Musical), Allwin Rego and Sanjay Maurya.
- Best On-Location Sound Recordist award was conferred to Rahas (Hindi) by Saptarshi Sarkar.
- Best Cinematography award was given to Sonsi by Savita Singh.
- Best Direction award was given to Knock Knock Knock (English/Bengali) by Sudhanshu Saria.
- Best Short Fiction Film award was given to Custody.
- Special Jury Award was given to Small Scale Societies.
- Best Animation Film award was given to Radha (Musical).
66th National Film Award
The National Film Awards celebrate the excellence in films. The ceremony is organised every year. In the year 2019, 66th National Film Awards were organised. In the 66th edition, Uri: The Surgical Strike movie had won four awards.