GKToday Archives: October, 2016
1. Which judicial committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP) has submitted its report to Ministry of Defence ? [A]H Devraj committee [B]Ramanujam committee [C]Prof. NR Madhava committee [D]L Narasimha Reddy committee Answer: L Narasimha Reddy committeeNotes: The one-man judicial committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP) has submitted its report to Defence Minister Manohar ..
1. Who has won the 2016 Man Booker Prize? [A]Sam Lipsyte [B]Amanda Foreman [C]Paul Beatty [D]Marlon James Answer: Paul BeattyNotes: Paul Beatty has won the 2016 Man Booker Prize for his racial satire, ‘The Sellout’ at a ceremony in London’s Guildhall. With this, he becomes the first American writer to win the Man Booker Prize. ..
1. The World Polio Day is observed on which date? [A]October 23 [B]October 24 [C]October 25 [D]October 26 Answer: October 24Notes: The World Polio Day is observed every year by the World Health Organization (WHO) and its allied agencies on October 24 to commemorate the fight against poliomyelitis. The day provides an opportunity to celebrate ..
1. What is the theme of the 2016 United Nations Day? [A]Freedom First [B]Goals for Peace [C]Strong UN: Better World [D]Freedom & Peace for humanity Answer: Freedom FirstNotes: The United Nations Day is observed every year on October 24 to mark the anniversary of the entry into force in 1945 of the UN Charter. With ..
1. The Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) is located in which state? [A]Karnataka [B]Andhra Pradesh [C]Kerala [D]Maharashtra Answer: Andhra PradeshNotes: The Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) is located in Andhra Pradesh. It is in news because Lutrogale perspicillata (smooth-coated otter) has been sighted for the first time in the mangrove forest adjacent to the KWS in Krishna ..