Page-2 of GKToday Archives: December, 2013
1. As per the National Family Health Survey latest data, which state has maximum cases of malnutrition in the country? [A]Andhra Pradesh [B]Bihar [C]Jharkhand [D]West Bengal Jharkhand The National Family Health Survey provides the data on nutrition indicators at National and State level. As per the latest data Jharkhand has recorded maximum cases of malnutrition ..
1. India’s first museum for customs and central excise has been opened in which state, recently? [A]Maharashtra [B]Goa [C]Kerala [D]Gujarat Goa The headquarter of Alfandega-as the custom administration was known in Goa during Portuguese rule till 1961 when it was liberated and came under Indian control has been converted into the country’s first museum for ..
1. Sandur in Karnataka is known for deposits of which of the following ores? [A]Manganese and Iron [B]Iron and Gold [C]Manganese and Copper [D]Manganese and Aluminium Manganese and Iron Sandur has deposits of Manganese and hematite (iron ore), and is home to several mines and steel plants. 2. In which of the following states world’s ..
1. Which among the following countries has recently become the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume marijuana (drug)? [A]Uruguay [B]Nigeria [C]Tanzania [D]Israel Uruguay Uruguay has become the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume marijuana. After a long debate, senators ..
1. Name the last scion of the erstwhile Mysore royal family, who passed away recently? [A]Jaya Chamaraja Wodeyar [B]Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar [C]Nalvadi Narasimha Raja Wodeyar [D]Nanjaraja Wodeyar Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar, last scion of the erstwhile Mysore royal family passed away. Wodeyar was recently elected as President of Karnataka State Cricket Association in ..
1. Which of the following is the India’s first indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft? [A]Dhruva [B]Lakshya [C]Tejas [D]Garuda Tejas Tejas is India’s first indigenously developed light combat aircraft. Recently it has achieved a milestone by launching an infrared seeking air to air missile that hit the target in a direct hit with precision and destroyed ..