Page-2 of GKToday Archives: August, 2013
1. Which one of the following films has bagged best film award at “Amsterdam Film Festival”? [A]Policegiri [B]Burfi [C]The Lunchbox [D]3 Idiots The Lunchbox The audience at the World Cinema Amsterdam Film Festival chose Indian director Ritesh Batra’s “The Lunchbox” as the best film of the 2013 edition. Co produced by Anurag Kashyap and Guneet ..
1. Who among the following benefit in the short term by the steep depreciation in Rupee? 1. Small traders at tech hubs 2. Exporters 3. Importers 4. Indian Tourists who visit USA Choose the correct option from the codes given below: [A]Only 1 & 2 [B]Only 2 & 4 [C]Only 2 [D]Only 1 & 3 ..
1. Ryder Cup and Curtis Cup are associated with which of the following sports? [A]Soccer [B]Volleyball [C]Golf [D]Tennis Golf Ryder Cup and Curtis Cup are associated with Golf. Show Answer 2. Sindhurakshak, which was recently in news, is a/an ____? [A]Aircraft carrier [B]Submarine [C]Anti-aircraft gun [D]Multi-purpose fighter Submarine INS Sindhurakshak is a submarine of the ..
1. Recently (August, 2013), Linguistic Expert Committee has recommended for classical language status to which language? [A]Odia [B]Gujarati [C]Bengali [D]Hindi Odia Linguistic Expert Committee, which has been constituted by the India Government to consider the demands for categorization of languages as Classical languages, has recommended Odia to be declared as a Classical language. Show Answer ..
1. Recently (August, 2013), which of the following states has got approval from the RBI to launch Islamic Banking? [A]Karnataka [B]Assam [C]Kerala [D]Goa Kerala The Kerala government has got a go ahead from the Reserve Bank of India to launch a financial institution following the principles of Islamic Finance. Cheraman Financial Services Limited (CFSL) will ..