GKToday Archives: August, 2013
1. The loan taken for purchase of essential electrical goods it is called? [A]Consumer durable loan [B]Proprietary loan [C]White goods loan [D]Consumption loan White goods loan Show Answer 2. Brigalia Bam who has recently received Mahatma Gandhi Peace Prize is from__? [A]USA [B]South Korea [C]North Korea [D]South Africa South Africa Former chairperson of South Africa’s ..
1. As per the latest data, which state had largest number people living with HIV/AIDS in 2011? [A]Andhra Pradesh [B]Tamil Nadu [C]Karnataka [D]Maharastra Andhra Pradesh As per the HIV estimation 2012, the total estimated number of people living with HIV in 2011 in India was 2088642. With 4,19,180 people living with HIV/AIDS Andhra Pradesh tops ..
1. Recently (August,2013), which one of the following country become the first in the world to release “Zinc rich Rice variety” named Bri-62? [A]Bangladesh [B]India [C]China [D]Russia Bangladesh Bangladesh released world’s first zinc-enriched rice variety “Bri-62” capable fighting diarrhoea and pneumonia-induced childhood deaths and stunted growth. It is not a genetically modified (GM) type. This ..
1. The following sport personalities who have been chosen for Dronacharya Award 2013: 1. Poornima Mahato 2. Mahavir Singh 3. Narinder Singh Saini 4. Raj Singh From which of the following disciplines they have been chosen for award respectively: [A]Archery, Boxing, Hockey, Wrestling [B]Boxing, Archery, Hockey, Wrestling [C]Wrestling, Hockey, Archery, Boxing [D]Archery, Boxing, Wrestling, Hockey ..
1. World’s largest solar park is coming up in which one of the following states? [A]Maharastra [B]Gujarat [C]Rajasthan [D]Tamil Nadu Rajasthan State government of Rajasthan laid the foundation stone for the world’s biggest solar park at Bhandla of Jodhpur district. The solar park with generation capacity of 3000WM would be commissioned in phased manner. In ..