Page-3 of GKToday Archives: August, 2013
1. Apart from India, which of the following countries celebrate(s) Independence Day on August 15th? 1.South Korea 2.Pakistan 3.Bahrain 4.Republic of Congo Choose the correct answer from the given options below: [A]Only 1 & 4 [B]Only 1,2 & 3 [C]Only 1, 2 & 4 [D]Only 1, 3 & 4 Only 1, 3 & 4 15th ..
1. Anjolie Ela Menon, who was conferred Delhi state government Lifetime Achievement Award-2013, is a famous___? [A]Artist [B]Hindustani vocalist [C]Human Rights activist [D]Author Artist Delhi state government conferred Lifetime Achievement Award-2013 to two veteran artists, Abdul Rashid Khan and Anjolie Ela Menon. Menon is a India’s renowned contemporary artist whose work is recognised globally. She ..
1. Which one of the followings is the first missile to be developed under “Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme”? [A]Prithvi [B]Akash [C]Dhanush [D]Agni Prithvi Prithvi was the first missile to be developed under the “Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme” launched by Government of India in 1983. Show Answer 2. Recently (August, 2013), India’s first Cyber ..
1. Which one of the followings is/are used as moderator in the Nuclear reactors? 1.Light water 2.Heavy water 3.Solid Graphite 4.Beryllium Choose the correct answers from the options given below: [A]Only 1 & 3 [B]Only 2 [C]Only 1, 2 & 3 [D]1, 2, 3 & 4 1, 2, 3 & 4 In nuclear engineering, a ..
1. Recently (August, 2013), US International Trade Commission has imposed ban on importing and selling of which mobiles in the US market? [A]Apple [B]Samsung [C]Nokia [D]Blackberry Samsung The US International Trade Commission ordered a ban on the import and sale of some Samsung electronics mobile devices after finding they infringed on two Apple Inc’s patents. ..