Page-4 of GKToday Archives: August, 2013
1. Which one of the following Islands is a source of dispute between Spain and Britain? [A]Cayman Islands [B]Falkland Islands [C]Gibraltar Islands [D]Diego Garcia Islands Gibraltar Islands Gibraltar is a British overseas territory, near the southernmost tip of the Iberian Peninsula, which is subject of a disputed claim by Spain. Show Answer 2. The United ..
1. With which of the following countries, India has signed civil nuclear cooperation agreement? 1.France 2.USA 3.Canada 4.Japan 5.Australia Choose the correct option from the codes given below: [A]Only 1, 2, 3 & 4 [B]Only 1, 2, 3, & 5 [C]Only 1, 2 & 3 [D]All the above Only 1, 2 & 3 India has ..
1. The proposed “National Urban Livelihoods Mission”, would replace which of the following existing schemes? [A]Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozagar Yojana [B]Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission [C]Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme [D]Nehru Rozgar Yojana Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozagar Yojana The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation has proposed to launch a “National Urban Livelihoods Mission” in ..
1. As per the latest NSSO data on unemployment rates, which of the following religions has faced highest level of unemployment in rural areas during 2009-10? [A]Christians [B]Sikhs [C]Muslims [D]Hindus Christians A National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) study revealed in July 2013 that the Christians from the rural areas as well as the Sikhs from ..
1. Who among the following has been appointed as the 23rd Governor of Reserve Bank of India? [A]Dr Raghuram Ranjan [B]Urjit Patel [C]Ananda Sinha [D]H R Khan Dr Raghuram Ranjan Chief Economic Advisor Raghuram Rajan has been appointed as the next Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. Mr Ranjan will replace D. Subbarao, who ..