Page-5 of GKToday Archives: August, 2013
1. Daocheng Yading airport, which is slated to become world’s highest airport is located in which among the following countries? [A]China [B]Japan [C]South Korea [D]North Korea China The 4,441 meter high Daocheng Yading airport, being built in Garze, a predominantly Tibetan area of China’s southwestern Sichuan province, will become the world’s highest airport when put ..
1. “Saraswati Samman” award for the year 2012 has been conferred on____? [A]S L Byrappa [B]Sugathakumari [C]Srinivasa Mukarji [D]G S Shivarudrappa Sugathakumari Renowned Malayalam poetess and social activist SughathaKumari has been conferred with prestigious Saraswati Samman award for 2012 instituted by KK Birla Foundation. Sugathakumari was honoured for her collection of poems in Malayalam entitled ..
1. Which one of the following states has launched “Ksheera Bhagya” scheme to provide school children 150 ml of milk three times a week? [A]Tamil Nadu [B]Punjab [C]Karnataka [D]Gujarat Karnataka The Karnataka state government has launched the Ksheera Bhagya scheme, under which over 65 lakh schools children across the state will now receive 150 ml ..
1. What is the name of India’s first indigenously built aircraft carrier, which would be launched in August, 2013? [A]Shakti [B]Vikrant [C]Virat [D]Samyukta Vikrant Designed by Indian Navy’s design organisation and being built by Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), the carrier is to be named Vikrant – after India’s first carrier acquired from Britain Show Answer ..
1. Which one of the following countries is building “Worlds largest gamma-ray Telescope’’? [A]USA [B]Russia [C]China [D]Japan Russia Astrophysicists from the Irkutsk State University have begun the constructions of the World’s largest gamma-ray telescope: the Tunka-HiSCORE. The telescope will be constructed in Turka valley in Buryatia, close to Russia boarder with Mangolia. Show Answer 2. ..